Friday, November 21, 2008

Who should receive modified lessons?

Answer the questions below to see if your student may have modified/alternative assignments.

1. My student will not take the state standardized test that all general education students take. Instead he/she will use an alternative assessment.

2. My student is not graded by a traditional grading system (A,B,C,D,E). Instead the student uses an alternative grading system or receives a pass/fail for record keeping.

3. My student will not have to meet state requirements for credits in specified subjects.

4. My students educational path will lead to a certificate of completion rather than a traditional diploma.

If you answered
yes to all of these questions, your student may receive modified/alternative assignments. If you answered no to any of these, meet with your student's caseload teacher to make the determination according to the IEP.

No comments: